|TRIN HONG REAL ESTATE, INC.
385 Bel Marin Keys Blvd Suite B, Novato, CA 94949
Office: 415.883.5059 Fax: 415.883.5559
Trin: 415.606.2453 Judy: 415.497.4019 Jennifer: 415.599.6789
Send Us An Email
Site Design & Produced by Jennifer Horton
|All information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Agent makes no warranty as to the content of
this sites information. Buyers and interested parties to investigate and verify all information and
records to their satisfaction.
|Trin & Judy Hong
Trin Hong Real Estate
385 Bel Marin Keys Blvd
Novato, CA 94949
Trin Cell: 415.606.2453
Judy Cell: 415.497.4019
Send Us An Email
What is a Short Sale?
A short sale occurs when an owner owes more on their home than their home is worth and can no longer afford to
make their payments. A seller can apply for a short sale and get their lender(s) to agree to a lesser amount than owed
so that the seller can sell their home instead of facing foreclosure. These are also known as "pre-foreclosures".
|Short sales can be challenging and take a lot of patience. Most of the
time your patience will pay off.
We specialize in helping Sellers through the difficult process of a short
sale. Please don't hesitate to ask for our help at no cost to you!
Short Sales Typically Take between 21 days to 120 days to process a short sale for approval.
Here's a General Overview of the Process:
1. Offer Received
2. Offer signed by seller
3. The offer is processed.
4. A HUD is requested
5. The Offer, HUD and Short sale package are submitted to the lender(s)
6. The offer & package are confirmed received
7. If there is a 2nd- Senior lien payoff is requested
8. A BPO or appraisal is ordered on the property
9. BPO is completed
10. A negotiator is assigned to file
11. Negotiator reviews file
12. Negotiator contacts us for any contract/HUD changes or approval
13. Changes/Negotiations are made and resubmitted to negotiator
14. Negotiator submits the file for final investor/management approval
15. Negotiator contacts us with verbal approval
16. Written approval is issued
17. Once approval is reached, the file is processed for the escrow & closing.
What is the differences of making an offer on a short sale?
Everything stays the same except for process of waiting for the sellers bank to give them approval to sell the property for less than
they owe. Depending on who the seller's bank(s) are, the process can be anywhere from 20-180 days. There are special Short
Sale forms to go with the offer to change the time periods, when inspections are done, when escrow starts, how long you are willing
to wait for the short sale etc.
How to buy a foreclosure- by CNN Money
Many buyers, especially first-timers, hope to purchase a foreclosed property at a bargain price. While purchasing a foreclosed
home can be a wise choice for some buyers, it is important that buyers understand the differences in buying at different stages of
foreclosure and be prepared to take on the challenges typically associated with each.
KEEP THIS IN MIND
• There are three basic stages of foreclosure in California: Pre-foreclosure, trustee’s sale, and repossession, often called an REO
or real estate owned by the bank.
• Pre-foreclosure homes are in the foreclosure process, but have not yet been auctioned. Owners of pre-foreclosed homes often
try to sell the properties because they are “underwater,” meaning they owe more on the mortgage than the home currently is worth.
Many homeowners attempt to sell via short sale, where the lender must agree to accept less than the amount owed on the
mortgage. Buying at this stage of foreclosure often is a complicated and slow process. However, buyers of pre-foreclosed
properties often are given the opportunity to inspect the home prior to purchasing, whereas this is not always the case when buying
at other stages of foreclosures.
• The second basic stage of foreclosure is the public auction at a trustee’s or foreclosure sale. Homes in this stage often are well
priced, but also come with challenges to buy. These homes may not be available for inspection and buyers may later discover the
property needs numerous repairs. As a result, many of the homes at auction are purchased by investors and contractors who have
experience working with homes needing numerous repairs, or taken back as REO by the foreclosing lenders.
• If a home does not sell to a third party at the trustee’s auction, the bank takes the property--the final stage of the foreclosure
process. Although homes in this stage typically do not offer buyers the best prices, buyers generally can perform a thorough
inspection of the property prior to closing.
To read the entire article- click here
Jennifer, Judy and Trin have become the "Queen of Short Sales". Over the last 3 years with the large influx of
owners in disress, they were some of the original agents to jump into short sales as so many agents find it to be
"too much work" and "too frustrating"... but some one's got to do it!
Jen's Current Short Sales:
- 13617 Yana Ct, Magalia, CA
- 334 Ralston St, San Fransisco, CA
- 211 Bahia Pl, San Rafael, CA
- 221 Vista Del Mar, San Rafael, CA
- 83 Grinding Rock, Paradise, CA
- 331 Accolade, San Leandro, CA
- 234 Sandpiper Ct, Novato, CA
- 110 Isla Vista, San Rafael, CA
- 325 Canal St, San Rafael, CA
- 269 Playa Del Rey, San Rafael, CA
- 119 Baypoint Dr, San Rafael, CA
- 35-57 Bayo Vista, San Rafael, CA
- 3742 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA
- 273 Playa Del Rey, San Rafael, CA
- 246 Catalina Blvd, San Rafael, CA
- 22 Lassen Ln, Novato, CA
Current Approved Short Sales
- 9065 Barbaresco, Stockton, CA
- 708 Samoa Ln, Novato, CA
- 263 Bahia Pl, San Rafael, CA
- 201 Arais St, San Rafael, CA
Sold Short Sales!
- 1073 Admiral Ln, Chico, CA
- 2537 35th Ave, Richmond, CA
- 861 Rincon, San Rafael, CA
- 157 Vista Del Mar, San Rafael, CA
- 413 Fernbridge Pl, Novato, CA
- 251 Bahia, San Rafael, CA
- 275 San Carlos, Novato, CA
- 421 Bahia Wy, San Rafael, CA
- 53 Pizarro Ave, Novato, CA
- 37 Lassen Ln, Novato, CA
- 30 Pizarro Ave, Novato, CA
- 26 Balboa Ct, Novato, CA
- 9 Sunnyhill Rd, Novato, CA
- 487 Bahia, San Rafael, CA
- 257 Bahia Pl, San Rafael, CA
- 199 Bahia Cir, San Rafael, CA
- 383 Bahia Way, San Rafael, CA
- 241 Bahia Pl, San Rafael, CA
- 251 Playa Del Rey, San Rafael, CA
- 5654 Sierra Park, Paradise, CA
- 15 Sonoma St, San Rafael, CA
- 11 Loma Vista, San Rafael, CA
- 14 Isla Vista, San Rafael, CA
- 482 Bahia Way #64, San Rafael, CA
- 243 Vista Del Mar, San Rafael, CA
- 263 Playa Del Rey, San Rafael, CA
- 157 Playa Del Rey, San Rafael, CA
- 213 Bellam Blvd, San Rafael, CA
- 468 Bahia Way, San Rafael, CA
- 16 Loma Vista Pl, San Rafael, CA
- 537 Wisteria Way, San Rafael, CA
- 45 Elena Cir, San Rafael, CA
- 12 Tern Ct, San Rafael, CA
- 34 Pizarro Ave, Novato, CA
- 182 Larkspur St, San Rafael, CA
- 3624 Kerner, San Rafael, CA
- 126 Captains Cove, San Rafael, CA
- 614 Arthur St, Novato, CA
- 5 Hillside Terr, Novato, CA
- 91 Pizarro, Novato, CA
- 623 Fairhaven, Novato, CA
- 3434 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA
- 13945 Kelsey Dr, Chico, CA
- 771 Diablo Ave, Novato, CA
- 3656 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA
- 193 Bahia Cir, San Rafael, CA